This document introduces you to the main parts of the info/control
Account settings are listed at the top of the info/control
- User: the name by which you are known to the
hosting system. It's the same as your control panel login.
- FTP Login: the login name you use when you upload
your site to your home directory on the server.
- Plan: the arrangement of resources and services
you are subscribed to. To change your plan, click the
icon next to the plan name. You cannot change between
incompatible plans, like Unix and Windows.
- Billing period: the period of time you pay for.
Your payments include recurrent fees charged at the beginning
of the billing period and usage fees charged at the end
of the billing period. For more information see the Paying
for Hosting chapter of this manual. Click the icon
to switch to a different billing period.
- Domains: the sites you host in this account.
Within one account, you can host as many sites as your
This is the total amount of information transferred to
and from your account by Internet visitors and yourself
from the beginning of the current billing month.
Example: If your billing period is 2 months long and
started on the 5th of October, the first billing month will
end on the 5th of November, and your total traffic will
be reset. However, if you change your total traffic limit,
your traffic will be reset and a new billing month will
If you expect to run up more traffic than comes with your
plan, it's a good idea to raise your traffic limit. To do
so, click the second icon:
Total traffic limit is the amount of traffic you pay for
in advance. It is charged at the recurrent fee. However:
- if you fail to run up all your quota resource, you
are not returned the payment for the unused megabytes;
- if you exceed the quota, you are charged usage fee per
each gigabyte of the excess traffic.
You can always buy additional amount of the resource in
order not to be charged the extra payment.
The system e-mails you a notification when you have used
80% of the traffic limit.
Control Panel navigation is not included into the total
This is the disk space you are actively using out of the
disk space allocated to your account. There should always
be several megabytes of slack (unused space) to ensure correct
performance of statistics reporting utilities, such as Webalizer
or Modlogan. Click the Change icon to buy extra disk storage
if you presume it is insufficient:
Resource meter shows how much of your resources you have
used, how much you have free, and how much you can have
at most in this account:
- Domains - number of domains in this account
- Subdomains - total number of subdomains in all domains
of this account
- Mailboxes - total number of mailboxes in all domains
and subdomains of this account
- Auto responders - total number of autoresponders in
all mailboxes of this account
- MySQL database - total number of MySQL databases in
- PgSQL database - total number of PGSQL databases in
Select a new skin
Different control panel skins have different navigation
principles. To change to a different skin, do the following:
- Click Select a New Skin in the info/control area on
- On the page that appears, select the name of the skin
in the Choose Design box and click the Choose
- Select the icon set and click the Set icon.
- Set Tooltips state. This option determines whether
or not to show assisting hints at the top of each page.
- Click Home in the info/control area to return
to your control panel home page.
This option will change all texts in the control panel,
including labels, system notes, context online help, etc.